This describes me to a t…
Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.
Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite.
Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.
Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.
Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.
Myth #7 – Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.
Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.
Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.
- leverre likes this
- holaza reblogged this from properashell
- southerngeneman likes this
- sabroon likes this
- animeriifreak likes this
- holaza likes this
- ineedmoreties likes this
- rvscvls likes this
- themarvelouscalm likes this
- thriftportland likes this
- properashell reblogged this from moniidarling
- -katiamichelle likes this
- moniidarling reblogged this from rubyrosalee
- dangitsgood reblogged this from trusimplicity and added:
- sweethaphazardness likes this
- timespacewitch likes this
- misfit-lads reblogged this from thnksfrthmammaries
- misfit-lads likes this
- smilinglollipops likes this
- chrisiebee likes this
- comatose-b0nes likes this
- thnksfrthmammaries reblogged this from ninaadeleon
- siiiiiigh reblogged this from amandaabianca
- amandaabianca reblogged this from ninaadeleon and added:
- harji reblogged this from ninaadeleon
- therewillbetearsxo reblogged this from cottoncandyfro
- re-intrigue reblogged this from mightyyfro and added:
- j-lisaa likes this
- j-lisaa reblogged this from cottoncandyfro
- brown-darling reblogged this from jesskibelle
- unrequtiedluvr reblogged this from mightyyfro
- unrequtiedluvr likes this
- insertcliches reblogged this from littleefoott
- littleefoott likes this
- littleefoott reblogged this from mxdbelizebeauty
- juliusimani reblogged this from circlingaroundsunshine
- juliusimani likes this
- chroniclesofzoa likes this
- lisablaq reblogged this from jesskibelle
- lisablaq likes this
- mxdbelizebeauty reblogged this from cottoncandyfro
- i-see-real reblogged this from xxscoobysnaxx
- no-halfwaycrooks reblogged this from louisbodybags
- ins3rt-nam3-h3r3 reblogged this from xxscoobysnaxx
- xxscoobysnaxx reblogged this from cantwaitforthechange
- cantwaitforthechange reblogged this from onmyblackgirlshit and added:
- cantwaitforthechange likes this
- circlingaroundsunshine reblogged this from ninaadeleon
- circlingaroundsunshine likes this
- 4thsignserene reblogged this from algandarsmanor